San doubts, it is quite understandable that women's health issues are not easy to deal with. Especially when you are trying to conceive or have some other female problem. The biggest issue under the circumstances is to make the right decision ab
As per the name, a loose vagina is a woman’s health condition in which a female feels that her vagina is loose, or hanging and it is not as tight as it was. In particular cases, a vagina hangs apart from losing its laxity. As a result, a woman has a lack of sensitivity in her vaginal area, a decrease in her sexual pleasure, and small urinary leakages.
Causes of loose vagina
A looseness or lack of sensitivity in a female’s vagina occurs due to several reasons. Here are some causes of loose vagina:
- Age - With age, a woman gets into her premenopausal stage. And there is a drop in oestrogen levels. This drop makes the vaginal tissue get more flexible, less acidic, drier, and thinner.
- Obesity - Due to weight gain, the size of every body part gets bigger. And the skin across the body loses its tightness. Being overweight causes a woman to have a loose vagina.
- Childbirth/vaginal delivery - At the time of childbirth, mainly vaginal delivery, the vagina gets more open. Due to that, it loses its laxity after the delivery of a child.
- Smoking - Chemicals present in cigarettes can alter the number of healthy bacteria. As a result, a woman can experience vaginal dryness that can lead her to have a loose vagina.
- Other causes - surgery and hysterectomy
Symptoms of loose vagina
Usually, females experience a few signs when they have looseness in their vagina. As a woman, you can experience the following symptoms if you have a loose vagina:
- Urinary leakage
- Looseness in the vagina
- Vaginal odour or itching
- Sexual discomfort
- No sensitivity in the vagina
- A feeling of having sexual pleasure loss
Vaginal tightening treatment at FSIVF
At FSIVF, we comprehend the importance of a tight vagina for your married or sexual life. As you approach us for a treatment like vaginal tightening, our doctors interact closely to know what you are experiencing now. The expert can conduct a physical examination of your pelvic area and ask some questions related to your lifestyle habits and family medical history. Based on the findings, the doctor can suggest you for hymen repair or hymenoplasty surgeries.
Risks associated with vaginal tightening treatment
After the completion of a hymen repair, hymenoplasty, or vaginoplasty surgery, some of you may experience a few side effects that could get lower within a few days/weeks. The risks or complications you may experience are as follows:
- Infection of the wound and its surrounding areas
- A lack of sensitivity around the vagina for a few days
- Severe vaginal dryness
- Temporary numbness in and around the vaginaal area
- Mild discomfort or pain while having sexual intercourse in the initial days
What should you do to prevent the risks or complications after vaginal tightening treatment?
At FSIVF, our doctors (gynaecologists) explain everything before performing vaginal tightening treatment. As a patient, you should follow what our doctors advise you to take care of you after the treatment. Here are some useful steps you can follows:
- Quit smoking so that you can avoid coughing
- Perform Kegel exercises
- Pay utmost attention to your body weight management and try to keep your BMI under 25 but not below than 20
- Include avocados and berries in your diet
- Avoid drinking a lot of water and fluids
- Maintain a safe distance from fibre rich food items for a few weeks
- Put on loose and comfortable bottom wear. As far as possible, prefer the one made of cotton
- Wash your genital organ area with plain water and soap
- Avoid having physical intimacy for a few days, at least two days